- 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin (pork shoulder or butt can also be used)
- 1 (12 ounce) can of root beer
- 2 (18 ounce each) bottles of barbecue sauce
- 8 hamburger buns or bread
- Pour the root beer and barbecue original sauce in the cooker and then add the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low(i cooked on high and I was home) for 6 hours or until pork shreds easily with a fork. (I did 6 hrs)
- After pork has cooked, drain and discard everything in the cooker. Shred the pork or pull it apart and place it back in the slow cooker or in a big bowl. Pour the barbecue sauce over the pork and stir to combine. Serve immediately or keep warm in slow cooker until ready to serve. Serve on hamburger buns or bread for sandwich.