Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mystically Wired By: Ken Wilson Book Review



I really enjoyed reading this book. I have a hard time getting around to praying. If its not being able to get somewhere quiet, it's my mind is so much in a confusion I don't know what to say and how. This book by Rev. Wilson breaks praying down for you and gives you exercise in how to slow your brain down so you can focus. His suggestion on reciting different verses from the Bible, help you to get in the mind set and calm your mind as well as your body. I tried some of these methods and they do work. I picked Psalms 23 a The Lord's Prayer to get in the right frame of mind to pray. It is difficult form to block out noises in my environment and faze out other thoughts in my head. He states that it takes practice.
He suggest taking 3-5 minute mine prayer periods and gradually increase your length and time. I know I have to work on this a lot. He says to think about the good in people and not their faults and how they have hurt you. This will put the bitterness aside and bring you closer to God. This is something I really need to work on. All of this book is very good and helpful to anyone who needs help in praying. Those that know how to pray can even find helpful information to make their prayers easier. I would highly recommend this book to anyone!!!!!