Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How To Set up A Blog With or Without Dedicated Hosting

I wanted to fill a lot of people in on how to set up your blog. I have had mine almost a year and a half and really wish their had been someone to give me steps to take to help me along. Sadly I had to learn by myself and it took a lot of trial and errors, so I want to try to cut down on everyone Else's troubles if I can.

Now I was lucky the only real choices I had in the beginning with getting a free blog was to use Blogger or Wordpress and which was better. When I went to get my own domain name I was thrown with the choices of getting a dedicated hosting, pay someone to do all this for me or just use sites like blogger to finish hosting my domain. Well at first I tried by having a friend set me up dedicated servers and hosting packages and all but I promise you it was so confusing for me that I finally decided to just ask for my money back.

Although their are a lot of perks to it I guess each person has to make up their mind if its worth it to them. In my case I decided Blogger could do the hosting would be much easier. I simply paid and they did the work for me thankfully. I think people who get a dedicated server hosting really need to be able to understand it and know how to do things on their own in the computer world. Its that simple so whether you choose to do the sever hosting or do it my way I sure hope I was some help.

I am participating in a blogger campaign in behalf of The Small Business Authority, which provides dedicated hosting. I received compensation to facilitate this post. However, the views and opinions are my own.

0 amazing comments: